Installing / Upgrading to erwin Data Modeler 2020 R2
Upgrading to erwin Data Modeler (DM) v. 2020 R2 can be done simply by running the software to upgrade if the existing version is not older than one or two versions. However, it is highly recommended to uninstall the existing version and reinstall the current version, 2020 R2 in this case. Here are the steps to do so.
- Please note that you will need full Administrative rights to do so. If, for any reason, you do not have them, please involve your internal IT group/help desk with uninstall and reinstall process.
- Make sure that there is at least 1 GB space available apace on the hard disk in C:\ drive. Even if erwin DM is being installed on D:\ drive the space is needed for the application to work.
- If you also plan to work with the Workgroup edition (Mart), make sure to install the compatible bit-version of erwin DM to match that of Mart; both should either be 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Uninstall the existing version using ‘Add Remove…’ wizard and selecting uninstall.
- Delete the folder where erwin DM was installed at. This will make sure that any DLL related to erwin install is still not active in the background. If any related DLL is still active, you will not be able to delete the folder.
- Install erwin DM 2020 R2 using the selections which should not require special configuration.
- erwin DM 2020 R2 has a new functionality named Scheduler. This allows users to schedule Reverse Engineering at a specified time or in recurring intervals. However, to enable this there is an option to add the Local Domain during install. For more details on this, click on the URL below:
- Uninstalling erwin DM versions 2019 R1, 2020 R1 or 2020 R1 SP1 can sometimes impact the required Visual Studio Redistributable. This will also hinder in the installation of the application. This can be handled by following the steps in a document available at the URL below: