Issue: When performing a Complete Compare I am not able to Expand or Minimize the Differences. This issue can be reproduced with multiple models on the same erwin Data Modeler client application.
Versions: erwin Data Modeler 9.8 and above.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Invoke the Complete Compare feature by clicking the Actions menu and selecting Complete Compare
- When in the Complete Compare Wizard, choose the Target and Source models with the necessary Object Selection
- Click the Compare button
- In the Resolve Differences Window under the Object View column, click the minus next to "Model"
Expected Result: The different folders in the Object View column should all collapse and show as "Tables". "Views", "Domains", etc.
Actual Results: Nothing occurs when clicking the minus next to "Model" or any of the folders under it
The following procedures could be implemented in order to try and resolve the issue:
- Right-click on the erwin Data Modeler icon in the Windows menu and select "Run as Administrator"
- Rename the Registry item - Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\erwin\Data Modeler\9.8 to "9.8_OLD". The following KB Article has further information on this: https://support.erwin.com/hc/en-us/articles/231339308-How-can-I-reset-Registry-entries-to-prevent-the-erwin-application-from-crashing-or-hanging-
- Uninstall and Install erwin Data Modeler by running the executable file as an Administrator
If you are using dual monitor display, Please check for below link for workaround