When exporting a logical model with the Meta Integration Bridges the Attribute order is Alphabetical and not in Column order.
Versions: 9.8 and above; excluding 2019 R1
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a Logical Model in erwin Data Modeler with Entities/Attributes
- Export the Logical Model via the Meta Integration Bridges by selecting the Tool menu > Export button/for versions of erwin DM 9.8 and 2018 R1 it would be located in File > Export > To External Format
- In the Export to External Format wizard select the Source menu > choose Import column order from: Column order
- In the Export to External Format wizard select the Destination menu > Type: Metadata Excel Format > Choose a location for the XLSX file to land
- Open the Exported XLSX file of the model
Expected Results: The Attribute sort order is the same as it is in the erwin Data Modeler diagram.
Actual Results: The Attribute sort order is in alphabetical order.
1. Create the model as Logical/Physical, this will ensure that the Column sort order is kept as it is in the Physical Side and not sort the Attributes/Columns into Alphabetical order.