When Mart is connected to an Oracle Database and I try to connect from the client to the Mart Server I receive error: "Mart DB version is not compatible with Mart Server." How to fix it?
Database Version: Oracle 11g/12c
Steps to Reproduce:
- From erwin Data Modeler click on File > Mart > Connection
- Enter User Credentials with Server Authentication and default Server Information
- Click the Connect button
Expected Result: The connection to Mart is successful and the connection window disappears
Actual Result: The following error is prompted: "Mart DB version is not compatible with Mart Server."
- The following KB Article should be followed before proceeding to other resolutions: https://support.erwin.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001135551-After-upgrade-when-launch-Mart-server-Admin-getting-error-Mart-DB-version-is-not-compatible-with-Mart-Server-
- The error could arise if the Credentials used in the Configure MartServer window are for a Database Administrator in the Oracle Database, which is not assigned to the Mart Tablespace. The Configure MartServer window will allow you to connect to the Oracle Database with a Username who is not assigned to the Mart Server Tablespace used to Initialize the Mart Server. To resolve this error, only credentials to the Username assigned to the Mart Server Tablespace must be used. This is the same username used to Initialize the Mart Server from the Mart Administrator.
- After correcting the Database Credentials in the Configure MartServer window, Stop MartServer Window Service > Start MartServer Window Service.
- Close down erwin Data Modeler and try to connect to Mart with your User Credentials.
The steps mentioned above will need the Mart Administrator privileges. If you are not the one, please check with the Mart Administrator of your group.