While attempting to connect erwin DM to my mart server I get the error, "Mart version validation failed. Details: Mart Server is not reachable, please check network and mart service health." and I am not able to connect.
This could be because of a few reasons including configuration and, also SSL Certificate settings. Please see the following solutions:
Please check the following:
On the machine where erwin DM is installed:
- Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click on internet options.
3. Go to the security Tab.
4. Make the security level to low.
5. Click on sites.
6. Add http://machine-name:18170/MartAdmin/
Is JRE set correctly?
On the Mart Server host machine, make sure the JRE is set correctly. Go to a DOS prompt and type,
- set JRE
- For r9.8 64-bit OS erwin DM that should return:
JRE_HOME=C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Jre64
If using SSL?
User could be missing a web certificate on the erwin Data Modeler client machine that was recognized by the Admin Server to complete the connection. The certificate could be installed as part of SSL and somehow NOT installed on this PC. Once the certificate is installed on the client PC in question, the erwin client should be able to reach the Mart Server. Please note that even if the security certificate is installed using the default options, it will not work. Make sure the certificate is installed under the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities section.
- On the erwin DM machine when installing the certificate,
- Pick Local Machine
- Place the certificate into the store Trusted Root Certification Authorities
If the above changes do not allow erwin DM to connect, try changing the hostname to 'localhost' and see if that then gets erwin to connect.
- Another thing that can be tried is to substitute the server name with the ip address or the fully qualified name
Please also see: