Allocate a license to a named-user
If you have a Named-User license, you must allocate it to a specific user so that they are able to login.
You must be a CM System Manager in order to allocate licenses.
To allocate a license to a user:
- Go to Start Here Page an open License Manager
The Casewise Suite Logon dialog opens
- Log on as a System Manager (ADMIN)
The License Manager application opens
- Go to Licenses > Allocate...
The Allocate Licenses dialog opens
- Choose the Named-User license from the Licenses to allocate drop-down box
The available licenses are displayed in the dialog
- Select the products or components that you want to allocate
The licenses are grouped by product in a tree control which can be expanded to allow individual components within a product to be selected
- Beneath the Allocate license to users window, click the Add button
The Select Objects dialog opens
- Use the dialog to search for Casewise Users - click Find Now to start the search
The resulting Users are displayed in the dialog
- Select the users you want to allocate the selected license to
- Click OK
The Select Objects dialog closes and the User or Users you selected are displayed in the Allocate license to users window of the Allocate Licenses dialog
- Use the Add and Remove buttons to add or remove as many users as you wish
Note that the number of licenses you can allocate depends on how many licenses you have available
- Click OK to allocate the licenses
Your license or licenses are allocated.
You should now be able to logon from any machine as the allocated user.