The Bulk Editor is used to edit a small set of properties over a large number of objects. Changes and updates are immediately committed as you make them, field by field.
You can resize, rearrange, or float the Bulk Editor within the erwin® Data Modeler application. Objects are identified by their name in the Name column, which is non-editable. A read-only Type column is next to the Name column that displays the object type. You can click the button on the Bulk Editor toolbar at any time to open the Bulk Editor Wizard to change the object instances and properties that appear in the Bulk Editor.
Example: Steps to update Logical Datatypes in a Logical - Physical model using Bulk Editor
1. Open the sample model
2. Open the Bulk Editor [Ctrl + B]
3. Select to "Involve Bulk Editor Wizard to change property or property selections " icon
4. Object Types - select the "Display either Logical Names or Physical Names" icon - Choose "Logical Names "
5. Select "Attributes"
6. select 'Property Types' | 'Logical Datatypes'
7. Object Instances - select all 'Attributes' and Edit
8. Select to "Save selected rows to .CSV file" icon
9. Name the CSV file
10. Click No
11. Open the CSV file and update the Logical Datatypes as desired and save / close CSV file
12. Back to erwin | Bulk Editor select the "import updates from csv file " icon
Note the updates in the Bulk Editor