How to work offline, please follow the steps below.
1. launch erwin and a licensing dialog box will appear.
2. then please select the “Do Offline Activation” box and click OK.
3. Then in the next dialog, click Generate which will generate an offline certificate.
- Please Copy it to clipboard buttons. Paste the contents of the clipboard into a text file and send it to erwin support. Note: you can close out the licensing window and open it at a later time and input the activation code.
- You will then receive another file in return, which is the Offline Activation Certificate. Please paste it into the box at the bottom of the same dialog, then click Import which will complete the activation offline process. Note: Please do not enter any spaces or ASCII characters or you will have to retry the process again.
- If you have any issues and need to start over make sure you go to the following directory and clear the license folder of all files. C:\ProgramData\erwin\Data Modeler\Licensing.
Additional information: Deactivating offline license certificates.
You will need to deactivate if your license end date changes, typically the offline certificates expire after 1 year, or if you have 9.8 there is a known issue with it expiring.
1. To deactivate the license, go to Help | Licensing and deactivate the certificate,
2. Send the deactivation to erwin support to process the deactivation in order to see the changes.
Note: For concurrent licenses, you will want to follow the instructions in the article below. Once you use offline certificates your license will no longer be concurrent unless you deactivate it each time.