How to generate an offline certificate?
Below are the steps to generate an offline License certificate.
1. Launch erwin Data Modeler and a licensing dialog box will appear.
2. Check the “Do Offline Activation” box and click OK.
3. Next click Generate which will generate an offline certificate.
4. Click on the Copy to Clipboard button, and email the Certificate code to our support team at: Support@erwin.com
Note: you may close the licensing window and open it again at a later time to input the activation code.
You will then receive another email in return, which is the Offline Activation Certificate. Please paste it into the box at the bottom of the same dialog, and click Import which will complete the activation offline process.
Note: Do not enter any spaces or ASCII characters or you will have to retry the process again.
If you have any issues and need to start over make sure you go to the following directory and clear the license folder of all files. C:\ProgramData\erwin\Data Modeler\Licensing. (Hidden folder).
How to Deactivate offline license certificates.
You will need to deactivate if your license end date changes, typically the offline certificates expires after 1 year, or if you have 9.8 there is a known issue with it expiring.
1. To deactivate the license, go to Help | Licensing and deactivate the certificate.
2. Send the deactivation code to erwin support (Support@erwin.com) to process the deactivation in order to see the changes.
Note: For concurrent licenses, you will want to follow the instructions in the article below. Once you use offline certificates your license will no longer be concurrent unless you deactivate it each time.