In erwin DM NoSQL, how to add fields to a struct (definition data type)? I cannot find a direct way to do that. I can create another collection and make a reference to it and then embed the reference. That will bring the fields over, but I have to re-enable the reference if I want to add more fields. This doesn't seem like a true struct. Am I missing something?
To add a field, open the palette and drag the field into the definition/struct.
- Select the Show Palette option in the top right of the diagram
This will present the diagram objects that can be created
- Select the Collection object and drag it onto the diagram to create a new collection
- To edit the name, either click on the collection object name, or edit the name property within the panel
Collections can be dragged onto this top level collection to create a nesting structure. To do this, select the Collection palette object and drag onto the collection that has been created.
- Fields can be created in the same way, select the Fieldobject in the palette and drag onto the collection you would like it to be added to. In this example there are now 2 to choose from, Policy_Types and Life_Policies.
- Edit the Nameand Type of the new field, using the right hand properties panel.