How to add fields to a struct (definition data-type) in erwin DM NoSQL
How to add fields to a struct (definition data type), in erwin DM NoSQL. We don't have a direct way to perform that functionality. However, we can create another collection and make a reference to it and then embed the reference.
That will bring the fields over, but have to re-enable the reference if we need to add more fields. This doesn't seem like a true struct.
To add a field, open the palette and drag the field into the definition/struct.
- Select the Show Palette option in the top right of the diagram
- This will present the diagram objects that can be created
- Select the Collection object and drag it onto the diagram to create a new collection
- To edit the name, either click on the collection object name, or edit the name property within the panel
Collections can be dragged onto this top level collection to create a nesting structure. To do this, select the Collection palette object and drag onto the collection that has been created.
- Fields can be created in the same way, select the Field object in the palette and drag onto the collection you would like it to be added to. In this example there are now 2 to choose from, Policy_Types and Life_Policies.
- Edit the Name and Type of the new field, using the right hand properties panel.