A license for erwin Navigator Edition was installed, but when launching the application it opens as the Community Edition (or Standard or Workgroup Edition).
NOTE: If the Navigator license is the only valid license in the licensing folder, erwin Data Modeler will open as the Navigator Edition.
This problem is often the result of launching erwin Data Modeler using the standard erwin Data Modeler shortcuts rather than using the shortcuts that launch erwin Navigator.
When erwin Data Modeler is installed, a Program Group named erwin Data Modeler r8 or erwin Data Modeler r9 is created in the Windows Start menu. In order to user the ERwin Navigator Edition, during the installation, the option to install the ERwin Navigator components must be selected. When that option is selected, a second Program Group named ERwin Model Navigator (r8 or r9) will be created, the shortcuts in that Program Group must be used to launch ERwin Navigator.
If you did not select to install the erwin Navigator option during the installation, please follow these steps to install the Navigator Option:
- Open Control Panel
- Select Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the version of CA ERwin Data Modeler that you’ve installed
- For example: erwin Data Modeler r8.2
- Click the button labeled “Change”
- Click “Next”
- Choose the “Modify” option
- Click “Next”
- On the Custom Options dialog, expand the erwin Data Modeler options
- You will see an option for “erwin Model Navigator”
- Select to install the feature for erwin Model Navigator
- Click “Next” and follow the prompts to complete the installation
After this process, you should see a new Program Group named “erwin Data Modeler” (r8 or r9) under “erwin”. Always use the shortcuts in this Program Group to launch erwin Model Navigator.