I added a comment to a table from erwin Web Portal. Then I go to erwin DM to modify the same model and republish it. I noticed the Comment is not there any more.
Here are the steps that I took:
- Publish a brand new model from erwin r9 which only has two tables and one relationship to R9 Web Portal.
- Open the model from the published area in Web Portal r9 and add a comment to any object, such as Entity E/1 in the published model.
- Close Web Portal, and open back again, and confirm that the comment is still present.
- Now I logout from Web Portal.
- Open the same model from erwin r9 and republish the same model after I added a new entity.
- Save that model in erwin r9 and then click publish to Web Portal.
- After published successfully, go back to Web Portal and open the published model in portal, and look for comments. I noticed that the comments are now blank / empty.
Did the same test for Label and that shows no problem. Why is that occurring?
While labels are designed to be metadata tags for elements which are maintained across versions of a model (new harvests), comments only apply to the specific version of the Model in which they were entered. However, comments may be migrated forward to newer versions as part of the review of comments across a model process.