WARNING: PLEASE USE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND OWN RISK. WE STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO LIAISE WITH YOUR INTERNAL IT TEAM TO ASSESS THIS PERMISSION CHANGE REQUEST.
Error 1317.An error occurred while attempting to create the directory C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\CA\ERwin
When trying to install erwin DM, get error: “Error 1317. An error occurred while attempting to create the directory C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\CA\ERwin”. What is it?
PLEASE NOTE: Please liaise with your IT professional so they assess this before applying with your own risk.
This error message is due to insufficient permissions/privileges on the folder. Following are the steps to do so:
- On Windows 7, when the error message appears, locate C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
2. Right-click on the folder and then click Properties
3. On the property window, click Security tab
4. Click on advanced at the right hand bottom
5. Click on change permission
6. Click on Add and type Everyone and click on OK
7. And now proceed with the installation setup again