When running an ODBC query, 'select * from er_model_shape' against large models, it fails giving the following error in the Query Tool.
Text [CA][ODBC ERwin Data Modeler driver][OpenAccess SDK SQL Engine] Error initializing the disk cache 
2. Ensure ‘cache’ folder is writable and ensure there is enough disk space
3. Open oadm.ini (in Notepad) which should be under C:\Program Files\CA\ERwin Data Modeler r9\OpenAccess\oaserver60\cfg
5. Start ERwin.exe and open the large model.
6. Run select * from er_model_shape with query tool.
6. A temp file is created in the cache folder and the Results field should show the Metadata data
This is a workaround until this is fixed in ODBC driver (by Open Access).