Title: I try to Install Crystal Reports 2011 and got error: the Product Keycode is not valid. INS00140.
I try to Install Crystal Reports 2011 and got the error: The Product Keycode is not valid. INS00140.
Do I need to get a new keycode for Crystal Reports? As I understand, a keycode was built in with Crystal Reports as long ERwin was installed. I did install erwin first and then installed Crystal. Why it still asking for a keycode and how to fix that problem?
Briefly, the cause of the problem is a conflict with a third party application that uses the same Cryptocme2.dll (but older version). The way to fix that is as follows:
1. Search your machine for all local instances of "Cryptocme2.dll" (to see what other software may also be using it)
2. Rename the *.dll extension of the identified cryptocme2.dll files to *.OLD (as an example)
3. Reboot your machine
4. Log on as an Administrator account
5. Run the Crystal install again
The installation will pass the keycode check
6. Rename the cryptocme2.old files back to cryptocme2.dll