When using CA ERwin Web Portal to publish models, I sometimes experience an intermittent problem failing to publish within the portal. Are there any steps I can use to troubleshoot that?
Following the troubleshooting tips on the Help | Help web based help instructions will identify where the problem is:
Bridge troubleshooting steps
For any issue where you see something unexpected when importing (or uploading via ERwin) a model, please perform the following steps:
1. Review the tool tips (help) for the bridge in general and each bridge parameter individually to ensure that the bridge is being used correctly.
2. Open the import (or export) log and be sure to select Show: All. Then, make any changes specified in the log messages.
3. Clear the import cache directories on the application server machine at:
4. Change the system preferences to Print Debug Log Messages, run the bridge again and review the log messages.
UI troubleshooting steps
For any issue where you see something unexpected in the UI, please perform the following steps:
1. Stop CA ERwin Web Portal service on the server machine and run CA ERwin Web Portal as a desktop app by selecting Start -> All Programs -> Meta Integration -> Server Restart.
2. Close all instances of the web browser you are using.
3. Check that the browser and Adobe Flash are updated to the latest patches.
4. Open an instance of the browser.
5. Clear the cache and recent history on the web browser.
6. Close all instances of the web browser.
7. Open the browser and reconnect to CA ERwin Web Portal