Solution: please see the below steps.
- erwin Mart Server and the instructions in this knowledge article do not have instruction specific to setting up the third-party application server (JBoss, etc.) and you will need to involve your company help desk to help you with that specific part of the installation.
- Also, a copy of Tomcat is installed by the mart server software. You can use that tomcat the mart server installs as the server or as a pass through to your alternate third party application server / web server.
- These instructions do not link the windows service 'erwin Mart Server' to your web server. The reason is the mart server service uses Apache Tomcat commands specific for the mart server host container that cannot be reused for other web servers. The Mart Server’s service creation is specific to Tomcat and you will need to use Tomcat as part of the setup of the alternate web server.
- erwin Data Intelligence Suite requires Apache Tomcat v8.5.35 or .49 (It has not been certified yet on other versions) while erwin Mart server requires Apache Tomcat 9.x
Please see the erwin Mart Server Release Notes especially the section Install or Configure a mart:
2. You need to change the setting of the Mart Server software installation (erwin+Mart+Server+2020+R1+SP1+(64-bit).exe or similar) from the default. When you get to the part Custom Setup, make the settings reflect the same settings as in figure 1:
Figure 1. Use an existent webserver with the MartServer (not the MartServer service).
3. If you have an existing Tomcat and you want to use that instead of the Tomcat that is installed with the MartServer software, make sure the JRE_HOME path reflects the JAVA JDK installation.
e.g. c:\program files (x86)\java\jre1.8.0_241
4. To deploy erwin Mart server to an existing Tomcat, you will need to perform the following steps:
Open the folder C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Tomcat64\webapps
Move MartAdmin.war, MartServer.war to the webapps folder under your tomcat install path. e.g. c:\program files\Apache software foundation\Tomcat8.5\webapps
Open the folder from C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9
Move the folder \MartUpgrade to the Apache Software Foundation root folder e.g. “c:\program files\Apache software foundation”
Move the file MartConfiguration.exe to the Apache Software Foundation root folder e.g. “c:\program files\Apache software foundation”
5. Configure MartServer (figure 2). When configuring the MartServer, the Mart Administrator tab controls the web server. Choose the port number for your existing Web Server or Tomcat (erwin Inc's Tomcat is registered to 18170, yours will be different). The port for Tomcat is usually 8080. You will probably also need to choose a different application name.
Specifies the application name with which the Web Server is identified.
Figure 2. The Configure MartServer window