Description: HOW CAN I SET UP MY r9.x MART SERVER TO USE AN EXISTING TOMCAT CLUSTER OR ANY WEB SERVER OF MY CHOICE?
Please download and read the attached PDF file (HOW CAN I SET UP MY MART SERVER TO USE AN EXISTING WEB SERVER.pdf).
Solution: please see the attached PDF file.
- erwin Mart Server and the instructions in this knowledge article do not have instruction specific to setting up the third-party application server (JBoss, etc.) and you will need to involve your company help desk to help you with that specific part of the installation.
- Also, a copy of Tomcat is installed by the mart server software. You can use that tomcat the mart server installs as the server or as a pass through to your alternate third party application server / web server.
- These instructions do not link the windows service 'erwin Mart Server' to your web server. The reason is the mart server service uses Apache Tomcat commands specific for the mart server host container that cannot be reused for other web servers. The Mart Server’s service creation is specific to Tomcat and you will need to use Tomcat as part of the setup of the alternate web server.
- Article ID 3548: R9 MART DOCUMENTATION: where can I find the steps to set up my Oracle or SQL Server or Sybase r9 mart? Including the DBMS preparation steps?
- Please see http://erwin.com/support