How to Upgrade an older version of r9 mart to a later version of r9 mart.
This article is for customers who already have a r9.0, r9.1, or r9.2, or r9.5 mart server and want to upgrade that to a later version.
NOTE: BEFORE upgrading your mart, please make sure all of the following prerequisites and privileges are still in place, same as they were during the mart installation:
NOTE: to see an alternate set of privileges that does not require the DBA role, please click HERE.
For Oracle, the database user that is typed into the Configure MartServer window during the time of the upgrade should be the mart schema owner user. After the upgrade, you may then use a different user that is not the schema owner user but does have the required privileges.
NOTE: for MS SQL Server, the database user that is typed into the Configure MartServer window during the time of the upgrade should be the database owner, OR an aliased user of equivalent permissions, OR the sysadmin server role. After the upgrade, you may then use a different user that has bulkadmin permissions only.
Basically, you download the current mart server software.
NOTE: ERwin DM and the Web Portal needs to be the same version as the upgraded mart. So once you upgrade the mart to the later version, you will also need to upgrade ERwin and the Web Portal as well.
On the machine that hosts the mart server,
- Take a screen shot of the window Configure MartServer. <-- that data is not preserved during upgrade time.
- Then install the software upgrade.
- Create the mart server service, and set that to Automatic.
- Fill out the Configure MartServer window with the same data and press configure.
- You will most likely get a message like,
Press Yes to upgrade the repository on the DBMS.
Start the mart server service.
- Article ID 3719 How to upgrade your r7.x mart to r9 mart using the MartUpgrade Utility (this article is also good to read for general purposes of upgrading from prior versions of Model Manager to the new r9.x ERwin WorkGroup Edition and ERwin Mart Server r9, it is not just for using the MartUpgrade Utility).
- Article ID: 3872 I am unable to start my mart server service
- Please contact erwin Technical Support at http://erwin.com/support