In erwin Model Manager r7.3.x we've used a profile of GUEST for the bulk of our analysts accessing Model Manager. That profile doesn't allow any updates to Model Mart. It only allows people to view our existing data models, to see what's available. GUEST doesn't require a license for Model Manager. With erwin & Mart r9, I don't see a profile of GUEST. We'd like to continue to use this "read only" functionality in Mart 9. How to do that?
In Mart r9, licenses are no longer stored in the Mart. So you can assign the Viewer profile for a erwin DM Navigator user at the Mart level. As long as that user has a Navigator license, they should be able to connect to the mart to view the erwin models as Read Only.
Here are the steps to assign a erwin Navigator user as Viewer to view the models (Read Only) in an r9 Mart:
- Login to http://localhost:18170/MartAdmin/
- Create a user name for the Navigator user
- Go to the Permission Management window and highlight Mart under the Select Catalog window.
- Highlight the newly created Navigator user under Select User/Group window
- Drag that user under Viewer in the Assign User/Group to Profile window.
- Launch r9 erwin Navigator and connect to the Mart to view the models.
Please contact erwin Technical Support at http://erwin.com/support