With ERwin 7.2.8 and above you can now import your Alter script's using the following steps:
- Open the model that you want to run the Alter Script against.
- Go to the 'File' menu and select 'Save As'.
- In the 'Save as type:' drop down box select 'CA ERwin DM Template (*.erwin_tmpl)', and save the model out in this format.
- Close out the model in ERwin.
- Go to 'Tools' and select 'Reverse Engineer'.
- In the 'Reverse Engineer - Select Template' choose the 'New Model Type' according to what your original model type was i.e. Physical or Logical/Physical.
- Select the template you created in step 3, and click 'NEXT'.
- In the 'Reverse Engineer - Set Option' select the 'Script File' radio button and for 'File:' browse to the Alter script and then click 'NEXT'.
Result: Your Alter script statements are run against the model and are updated accordingly and you can continue on with this new ERwin model.
NOTE: If the original file was a full database script then you would Reverse Engineer it and then go to step '2' instead.
In previous versions of ERwin you could Complete Compare an ALTER script against your ERwin model and import the changes. However with ERwin 7.2.8 and above this is no longer possible.