Attached to this knowledge document is a MS Excel worksheet containing an API program (TEC486142.ZIP). That program will allow you to import your changed entity definitions and the attribute definitions into your ERwin r7.x model. So the steps you would take would be the following:
- Back up your ERwin data model. Copy it to a different file name.
- Open your model in ERwin.
- Use the ERwin Data Browser (Tools | Data Browser) to produce two reports:
- The Entity Names and Entity Definitions.
- The Entity Names, Attribute Names, and the Attribute Definitions.
- Export the report data from ERwin to .CSV files (File | Export). Make sure you choose CSV for the export and turn on Tabular with Duplicates otherwise ERwin will blank out duplicate rows (see Figure 1 below).
- Now you can open those two spreadsheets and edit them using MS Excel.
- Once you have the data the way you prefer in those two worksheets, copy the data and paste it into the columns in the API program.
- Press the buttons in the API worksheet to update your ERwin data model with the edited data.