How can I link a column in one table to a column in another table so that any changes on one column will be also occur on the linked column?
You can create a link object to link the selected attribute / column in one table with another attribute/column from the other table. When columns / attributes are linked, changes are synchronized between the objects based on the selected synchronization direction.
You can use the Link Wizard to create a link object by taking the following steps:
- Open the Column or Attribute Editor and highlight the column or attribute for which you want to create the link object.
- Click the Link tab, and then click New on the toolbar to open the Link Wizard.
- Click the Link on left Panel, and enter the Link name and Sync direction.
- Then click Target on the left panel to select another column from the other table or entity.
- After clicking "Apply", those two columns are linked with the same name.
Therefore, any changes to the source column, such as changing the datatype or column name, will also be changed in the linked column.