I am getting an error when I am connecting to Oracle database. It is saying ora7nt.dll cannot be found. I am using the 64-bit OS ERwin DM. I can connect to Oracle using SQL*Plus.
You may have the 32-bit Oracle client software installed but not the 64-bit Oracle client software.
- Here is how to tell what version of Oracle client software you have installed: How to check if your Oracle CLIENT software version is 32-bit or 64-bit
Another way to check is to open SQLPLUS.EXE using a text editor. See, https://superuser.com/questions/358434/how-to-check-if-a-binary-is-32-or-64-bit-on-windows
- Please install the Oracle Database Client for Microsoft Windows (x64) and ensure that the Oracle OCI.DLL is within your Windows path so ERwin DM 64-bit OS may locate that and connect to the database. You will also need to configure your tnsnames.ora file to point to the correct database. You may need to involve your company helpdesk or DBA to help with the installation of the Oracle software and its correct configuration.
To download the Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (220.127.116.11.0) please click here
To download the Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (18.104.22.168.0) please click here
- An alternate solution could be to downgrade ERwin DM to the 32-bit OS version instead. You would uninstall the 64-bit OS version of ERwin and install the 32-bit OS version of ERwin that you may download from http://erwin.com/support However, this solution is not recommended because the 64-bit OS version of ERwin allows the user to access much greater than 3 GB of RAM before needing to access Windows virtual memory and has greater performance than the 32-bit version. Please reference Memory limits for Windows and Windows Server Releases
- A workaround while you are configuring the new Oracle client software could be to reverse engineer SQL DDL from Oracle DBMS instread of from the catalog. These three web pages describe how you may extract SQL DDL from an Oracle database:
- Extracting Complete Oracle Schema With SQLPlus
- Generate table DDL tips
ora7nt.dll cannot be found