I am trying to connect to the r9 mart by going to File | Mart | Connection in r9 ERwin Data Modeler. However, I am getting the following error: 'A connection with the server could not be established' although the mart server has been started'. Why?
NOTE: this article also applies to the Destination Mart link in the MartUpgrade utility.
Make sure 'Configure Mart Server' has been set up properly before connecting to the mart using ERwin DM r9.
NOTE: Once you configure the mart you need to stop and then start the service or the server again.
- A quick test to verify that the mart server is running properly is to run the Mart Administrator (web browser application) at the mart server machine and try to login using that application. You will need to login as a server based user (it does not accept a windows domain user like ERwin). If you are successful in connecting at the mart server machine, then you know the mart server is working.
Other causes / remedies of this message could be,
- Make sure the server name you are typing is the name of the mart server host machine but not the name of a different machine that hosts the database.
- Try localhost as the server name in the ERwin Connect to Mart window (IF running ERwin on the server machine).
- Try fully qualifying the server name in the ERwin Connect to Mart window
- The port you are typing should be 18170. That is the port that is registered for Tomcat with the mart server.
- Make sure that your ERwin version and the Mart Server version match. The way to tell the mart server version is to log into the mart using the Mart Administrator. The version of the mart will appear in the lower right hand corner. IF you are not able to login to the Mart Administrator, you could check the version of the ERwin Mart Server Release Notes that has been installed on that machine (less reliable).
- How should I fill out my fields in the ERwin Data Modeler Connect to Mart window to connect to a r9 mart? (This article can help guide you to be sure the information you are typing in the ERwin connection window is correct). https://erwinhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001174288-How-should-I-fill-out-my-fields-in-the-erwin-Data-Modeler-Connect-to-Mart-window-to-connect-to-a-r9-mart-
- Article ID: 3548 R9 MART DOCUMENTATION: where can I find the steps to set up my Oracle or SQL Server r9 mart? Including the DBMS preparation steps?
- Please contact erwin Technical Support at http://erwin.com/support