Formerly -- TEC526020
How to Initialize (create) an Oracle erwin Model Manager mart? Versions r8 and earlier?
Part I. Preliminary Steps (Oracle DBMS):
NOTE: You will need DBA authority to take some of these steps.
During these instructions the optional names are contained in parentheses (e.g. MMADMIN, MMDATA, MMINDEX).
You may change those names to names of your choice.
- Create a new database on Oracle.
- Create two tablespaces, one for data (MMDATA) and one for the indexes (MMINDEX).
* Make sure there is ~ 70 MB of free space in each tablespace.
- Create the roles and grant the privileges (you must be logged in as SYS user to perform):
create role MMUSER; create role MMINSTALL; grant create sequence to MMINSTALL; grant create table to MMINSTALL; grant drop public synonym to MMINSTALL; grant create public synonym to MMINSTALL; grant create procedure to MMINSTALL; grant create view to MMINSTALL; grant select on dba_roles to MMINSTALL; grant select on dba_tablespaces to MMINSTALL; grant select on dba_free_space to MMINSTALL; grant select on dba_indexes to MMINSTALL; grant create session to MMUSER; grant MMUSER to MMINSTALL;
- Create the Model Manager (MM) installer user (MMADMIN).
Make the MM installer user's default tablespace the data tablespace (MMDATA).
Grant the installer user (MMADMIN) the roles DBA, CONNECT, RESOURCE, and MMINSTALL. NOTE: MMUSER is optional.
- Create the MM users.
Grant the MM Users the roles CONNECT, RESOURCE, and MMUSER.
Part II. Installing the MM Software:
NOTE: the MM software is typically installed on one PC only, usually the MM Administrator's PC or the DBA's PC.
- Install the erwin MM software. Either,
- Launch the one-click (CAEMM73pr10-b2496.exe, or similar).
- OR launch setup.exe from the DVD.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation of the software.
Part III. Initing (creating) the Mart:
The 'mart' is a repository of tables, indexes, stored procedures, and views on a database. It is stored on the MM installer user's schema.
He is how you can INIT the mart.
- On the PC where you installed the MM software (part II), go to Start | Programs | ERwin | ERwin Model Manager (r7.3) | Model Manager.
- The ERwin MM Connection Manager comes up.
Login as the MM Installer user (MMADMIN).
NOTE: at this point two tables will automatically be created on the database: M7master and M7License. These are the initial steps the MM software takes to prepare the mart for the rest of the creation.
- In the ERwin Model Manager dialog select,
ERwin MM Role: MMUSER (this is important to make sure the proper privileges are granted to the MM users). Table Tablespace: MMDATA Index Tablespace: MMINDEX
- Press Create.
The install chugs along. At the end you are prompted with the ERwin MM Security Manager.
- In the ERwin MM Security Manager, assign the users to their appropriate MM Security Profiles.
NOTE: be sure to assign the MM Installer User (MMADMIN) the MM Administrator profile.
You should get a message confirming that your MM creation is now complete.
You are done. The individual modelers should now be able to connect to and use the Model Manager mart using their particular copy of CA ERwin Data Modeler.
NOTE: Each of the individual modelers will also need a copy of the Oracle client software installed.