Summary: when launching erwin DM r8 or r9 I get error code: 7(-10,32,0) OR 7/-1 and I cannot continue. How can I resolve that error?
NOTE: If you have come here looking for a Community License, we have discontinued the Community License, starting in erwin 9.7 and as of March 1, 2017.
See point 2. Note below for more information.
Licensing issues can have many causes. For example, an incorrect placement of the license file on the computer, an incorrect MAC address specified to licensing when the license was generated, or the user does not have proper privileges to access the license folder. To solve that, the following steps should point to the correct resolution:
- Verify that the license was placed in the appropriate folder:
For Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit):
For r8.0 C:\Users\\Application Data\CA\erwin Data Modeler\8.0.
For r8.1 C:\Users\\Application Data\CA\erwin Data Modeler\8.
For r8.2 - C:\ProgramData\CA\erwin Data Modeler\8 or C:\Users\ALL Users\Application Data\CA\erwin Data Modeler\8.
For r9 - C:\ProgramData\CA\erwin Data Modeler\9 or C:\Users\ALL Users\Application Data\CA\erwin Data Modeler\9.
For Windows XP:
For r8.0 C:\Document and Settings\\Application Data\CA\erwin Data Modeler\8.0.
For r8.1 C:\Document and Settings\\Application Data\CA\erwin Data Modeler\8.
For r8.2 - C:\Document and Settings\ALL Users\Application Data\CA\erwin Data Modeler\8.
For r9 - C:\Document and Settings\ALL Users\Application Data\CA\erwin Data Modeler\9.
NOTE: In erwin r8/r9 prior to erwin 9.7, there should also exist a Community.lic file in the folder, so you will know you have the correct folder for erwin licenses. The Community Licenses that shipped with the older versions of erwin will be expired.
- Make sure your MAC Address provided to Licensing is for the Computer's Network Card, NOT a Wi-Fi, since the MAC Address needs to be always on and available to erwin DM.
- Note: For erwin 9.64.02 and earlier, you may need to get a temporary license file to confirm the Mac Address erwin can see, since the Community License has been discontinued. You will need to open a Ticket, by doing the following:
Go to your Internet Browser, type: http://erwin.com/support in the Address
Line and then hit Enter. Then click on the button 'Product Support, LICENSING,
Contacting Us, Product Documentation, Upgrade and Maintenance, etc.'.
Click the link '*******Get Your erwin License Here*******'.
Starting in erwin 9.7, you launch erwin and when the License Window comes up, you will see the
‘Display Host Info’ Button. That button provides the Mac Addresses that erwin can see on the
The HostID= value in the License File is the MAC Address that erwin is trying to confirm.
For Windows 7, just being in the Administrator Group, may not be enough, since the Administrator Group can be limited in the later Operating System versions after Win XP SP3. The resolution is to login using the user (Administrator) that installed the Windows Operating System.
- *******Get Your erwin License Here*******
- Easy Licensing: utility to Assist with erwin Licensing
This utility will list
- The Computer Name
- MAC IDs and Adapter Names
- Local r9.x Licenses
- Local r8.x Licenses
- Local r8.1 Licenses
- License Administrator Concurrent Licenses
- NO DOS commands required.
- How to Determine Which erwin Licenses are Installed (applies to r8 and later releases). Includes,
- The locations of all license files by release version and Windows OS
- The anatomy of an erwin DM license.