In some of the columns in my model, I need to create a unique constraint. I examined the Constraint tab in the Column Editor. It has only Check Constraints and Default Constraints, but not Unique constraints. Does erwin support the creation of Unique Constraints?
Yes, erwin does support it. However, erwin creates unique constraints via the index editor. That way you can create an index and select the 'Generate' check box to use it as an index or select 'Generate As Constraint' to use it as a constraint. You can select both checkboxes to use it as an index as well as a constraint.
To create a Unique Constraint,
- Go into the Index editor,
- Create a Unique (AK) index
- Using the tab Members, add the column that you want to have the Unique constraint to index member.
- Select the check box 'Generate As Constraint' (on top).
- You will also need to draw a relationship to migrate your column to another table to have the constraint generated.
That will create a Unique Constraint on that column.
Posted: 13 Mar, 2013 by Sistek M.
- Article ID: 2802 Forward Engineer: how can I change my foreign key constraint names from their system generated names (e.g. names like R_41, R_13, R_14, etc.) to a name that I want?
- Please contact CA Technical Support at http://erwin.com/support