Last Updated: 12/21/2016 res
For erwin Web Portal licensing, please click on How do I license erwin Web Portal?
For erwin Enterprise Licensing, please click on erwin Data Modeler Concurrent License Server Setup & Getting Started Instructions
For erwin Standard, Workgroup, or Navigator Edition Licensing, continue reading...
To Install erwin Data Modeler (r8 through r9.7)
- erwin DM r9, r8, and r7.3 can all co-exist on the same computer. Installing r9.x will not overwrite r8.x or r7.3.
Similarly, installing r8 will not overwrite r8 or r7.3 Upgrading the same "dot" version *will* overwrite the existing version of the same release number. For instance, installing 8.2 will overwrite 8.x.
- erwin Data Modeler Community Edition license was retired in January 2017 and is no longer available.
Available editions of erwin Data Modeler r8 and r9 are as follows:
- erwin Data Modeler Standard Edition
- erwin DM Workgroup Edition (formerly a combination of Data Modeler and Model Manager)
- erwin DM Navigator Edition
- erwin DM Community Edition
- erwin DM Evaluation Edition
To install erwin Data Modeler, simply invoke the installation from the media or downloaded package and follow the instructions. After installing erwin Data Modeler, it will be licensed as the Community Edition. To unlock the full potential of your application, you must obtain and install a working license by following the steps below.
To permanently license and/or enable additional functionality
1) Gather your:
- OLP Certificate Number (CA) or Order ID (erwin Inc.) (as a new customer you should have received this from your salesperson)
Site ID (CA) or End User ID: (erwin Inc)
- MAC Address of your computer on which erwin DM is installed
(In your erwin Data Modeler product, go to Help/License and record or copy)
2) Send this info to erwin Inc. at http://erwin.com/support
- Click on *******Get Your erwin License Here******* or go to http://erwin.com/support and click on Submit a Request, or call +1 800 78erwin for the USA, or 813 773 4170 anywhere.
(additional global contact is available by clickin on Contacting erwin Technical Support
- Fill in the above information depending on the source of your order, i.e. erwin Inc. or CA
- Fill in all your Contact Information and the Severity of your request
- Fill in a Description of your request.
For ex. "Please provide me with a permanent license for my CA ERwin Data Modeler Standard Edition (or other product(s) listed above) to which I am entitled by (the information collected above)"
- Fill in the Product to be licensed (the product(s) you purchased or are upgrading, e.g. ERwin Data Modeler)
- Ignore release version
- Select "Windows" for Operating System
- Transmit your information
You will receive your license file (or follow-up questions if the above info is not complete), shortly.
- If you are trading in an old MAC ID for an old computer, for a new MAC ID for a new Computer, you will still need the above credentials to demonstrate entitlement.
3) When you receive your license in your email, copy it from your email to your desktop, then use the Install License File button on the erwin DM startup splash screen or Help/Licensing to copy to the right directory.
Close and relaunch erwin DM and you are now permanently licensed.
Want more detail on licensing your erwin Data Modeler edition?
View our Videos on installation and licensing:
For entitlement problems with your records, please contact your salesperson or erwin partner.
If you think you have multiple licenses, multiple MAC addresses, or have similar difficulties and want to see the full licensing picture of your PC, use our Easy Licensing utility.
If you need further help please contact erwin Technical Support (chat is the quickest and easiest option). We are here to help you!