Error Message: I cannot locate the dictionary files to add to the ERwin Dictionary. The ERwin DM spell checker will not work. It says word not found in dictionary but does not offer any suggestions.
Description: there is an installation problem in the ERwin r9.64.01 version. r9.64.01 version of ERwin does not install the dictionary files. That problem is corrected in the erwin 9.64.02.
Note however that maintenance in 9.64.02 includes only this and three additional fixes listed in the Release Notes, but not any custom patches since 9.64.01.
1) Please contact Technical Support for a zip file to add the dictionary files to your computer.
2) Extract the zip file into the appropriate directory:
- For 32-bit ERwin, the location to extract the zip file is is C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Wintertree
- For 64-bit ERwin, the location to extract the zip file is is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wintertree
- If the sub-directory is not existent on the PC, please manually create that.
- For 32-bit ERwin use C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\ERwin Data Modeler r9
- For 64-bit ERwin use C:\Program Files\CA\ERwin Data Modeler r9
- For 32-bit ERwin use 32-bit OS SSCE.txt
- For 64-bit ERwin use 64-bit OS SSCE.txt
- If after following the above instruction, ERwin DM sees every word as Not in Dictionary (figure 1), then please make sure you have a dictionary selected from the directory ...\Wintertree To add a dictionary, press the button Dictionaries and then press the button Add Dictionary to browse for your dictionary file.
- accent.tlx - Words containing accented letters, such as déjà vu.
- correct.tlx - This is the 'auto correct' lexicon. Contains several hundred common English misspellings and their corrections.
- ssceam.tlx - This is the American English lexicon.
- sscebr.tlx - The British (UK) English lexicon.
- ssceca.tlx - The Canadian English lexicon.
- tech.tlx - Contains Internet terms and technical terms, such as "blog" and "cybercafe."
- userdic.tlx - A sample user dictionary.