Description: How can I enable the CA ERwin Web Portal and Tomcat to obtain authentication for users from Windows authentication via the browser (client)? That way, users will automatically be authenticated if they are running from a Windows session (SSO - single sign on).
To do so, one must install a third party product named Waffle as an add on
NOTE: (r9.6 Web Portal will require waffle-tomcat7).
1. Unzip the Waffle zip.
2. copy all the jar files (\Waffle\Bin) to Web Portal installation directory. eg: ...install\Web Portal\tomcat\lib,
3. Open _Install/tomcat/conf/server.xml. Search for "unpackWARs".
4. Change the value from "false" to "true".
5. Start up the ERwin Web Portal and once its initialized completely and be able to login, shutdown the service. Then restart the service (restarting the service causes the creation of the subfolder _Install/tomcat/webapps/MM/WEB-INF/ and the files therein).
6. Open _install\tomcat\conf\web.xml. Search for "Windows authentication support". uncomment the block following that.
7. Restart The erwin Web Portal.
8. You should have windows authentication enabled now. Any valid windows user will be logged in as guest by default as long as licensing allows it. If you need to get an administrator mode, you should access: http://host:port/MM/Admin
9. Please note that if you should get a patch from Support that affects MM.war, make sure that you delete the _tomcat/webapps/MM directory, replace the new war file and repeat from step 3 above.