After importing from an external format in erwin DM, there are no objects displayed with the following message:
This Model has no model-level diagrams” after importing using File | Import | From External Format in erwin Data Modeler.
This is an expected behavior. Any model created without diagrams, will display this message and Import from an External File does not create any diagram.. To see the objects you will need to create a new diagram and populate the diagram with objects. Here is how to do it:
-On the Model Explorer (tree dialog usually located on the left of the Diagram), right-click ‘ER Diagrams’ and choose the New option. Now you should have a Blank Diagram.
-Right-click the blank Diagram and chose Properties.
You will see the following editor:
-Use the Available Objects section to add the Entities/Tables you want to see on the Diagram. There are a number of options to do this.
- -Move selected objects to Included Objects ()
- -Move all objects to Included Objects ( )
- -Move selected objects and neighboring objects to Included Objects (). This opens a new window where the number of descendant objects also imported is specified.
- -Include all objects contained in another diagram(). This opens a new window where another diagram can be specified
- -Finally, above Included Objects, Automatically populate from Model, which displays all the objects in the current model in the Included Objects section.
More information on this topic here:
-Click the Close Button.
This should display the selected objects in the diagram. Please note that the objects will show as overlapped, but you can fix that by using any one of the five available layouts to set it accordingly. Of course one can always move the objects around as needed manually.