When creating a new Subject Area, how do I include Ancestors or Dependents, if I have already included a Entity/Table in the 'Included Objects' list?
You can use the Spanning Neighborhood dialog to include or exclude ancestors or descendants of the selected entity, table, or view in the subject area. You can access the Spanning Neighborhood dialog from the Members tab in the Subject Area Editor.
1. If you have a Subject Area with object in the "Included Objects" window, you can their Ancestors and Descendants by clicking on the "Move selected objects and neighboring objects to Included Objects" button:
2. The "Spanning Neighborhood" dialog will then prompt the amount of Ancestors or Descendants from a particular table, this specifies the number of ancestors to include or exclude for the subject area. Ancestors are the parents of an entity. The Level includes or excludes the level number of ancestors of the selected entity, table, or view that you type in the Level box. For example, if you enter 2, the parent entities (level 1) and the parents of each parent entity (level 2) are included or excluded:
3. By Adding the Level of Descendants, it includes or excludes the level number of descendants of the selected entity, table, or view that you type in the Level box. Descendants are the children of an entity:
1. Include or Exclude Ancestors or Descendants of the Selected Entity, Table, or View in the Subject Area: https://erwin.com/bookshelf/public_html/2020R2/Content/User%20Guides/erwin%20Help/Include_or_Exclude_Ancestors_or_Descendants.html?Highlight=Ancestors%20and%20Descendants
2. Select Members of a Subject Area: https://erwin.com/bookshelf/public_html/2020R2/Content/User%20Guides/erwin%20Help/select_members_of_a_subject_area.html