To view the owners in a physical display, you simply have to open the Diagram Editor for the diagram in question and select the "Display Owner" option on the table tab.
The result will be a display similar to the following...
Finally, if you wish to view tables by owner in one of the editors, you can do so in several ways depending on what you are trying to accomplish.
You have options to "filter" tables in the Table Editor (just type as much of the owner name as desired in the "filter text" area.
The Subject Area Editor provides options for displaying and sorting by owner name.
The Bulk Editor allows you to select, filter, sort and modify the model metadata (including owner/schema) to accomplish many different tasks ...
Lastly, there is a feature that allows users to modify the information displayed in Model Explorer. A template file is provided with erwin Data Modeler that lets you customize the display of physical object names in the Model Explorer. An example of this is to prefix the owner name to the table names displayed.
The file Physical Names.ont includes display options for the physical model. It is automatically installed to the 'C:\ProgramData\erwin\Data Modeler\9.8\Templates' folder. Comments and a sample macro are provided in the file to customize the display of the parent/child relationship phrase in the Model Explorer. By default, the display is formatted to include the elements <parent name> <relationship name> <child name>.
A template file is provided with erwin Data Modeler that lets you customize the display of physical object names in the Model Explorer. By using macros in the template file, you can override the default display of selected object names. Here is how to see the owner names of the tables in Model Explorer in the physical side of the model:
- Go to the C:\ProgramData\erwin\Data Modeler\9.8\Templates folder and rename the 'Physical Names.ont' file, e.g. 'Physical Name.orig.ont'. (9.8 folder may be different if you a different version)
- Download the file (attached at the bottom of this article) and add it to the same folder.
- Launch erwin and open a model with Tables that have Owners/Schema assigned to them. See the Owner names in Model explorer.
This can also be customized for some other objects as well. You can modify the macro to exclude one of the elements. For example, if you wanted to exclude the parent name in the display you can add or edit entries in this file to customize the display in Model Explorer. These entries are optional; if there is no macro specified for an object type, then Model Explorer displays the object's name.
Please follow these steps to customize the display of physical object names in the Model Explorer:
- Go to the C:\ProgramData\erwin\Data Modeler\9.8\Templates folder and open the 'Physical Names.ont' file in a text editor. (9.8 folder may be different if you a different version)
- Add new entries or edit existing entries for each physical object that you want to customize.
- Click Save on the File menu, then click Exit on the File menu when you are done editing the file.