Problem: As part of erwin upgrade from 9.6.1 to 9.7, we created an erwin Mart database on Oracle 12.1c with 16 GB RAM. While trying to open data models in erwin 9.7 DM tool, it was taking longer.
The JDBC driver we ship with the r9.7 mart server is not as compatible with Oracle 12c.
Please contact L1 Support for a patch that will make the JDBC compatible with Oracle 12c.
In r9.8 we have updated the JDBC driver (future version).
To apply the patch to r9.7 mart server:
On the mart server host machine, please take the following steps:
1. On the mart server host machine: Stop the MartServer service.
2. Go to the Install directory of MartServer and remove or rename the MartServer.war file. The file usually resides in the folder C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Tomcat64\webapps
3. Place the New MartServer.war file.
4. Delete the subdirectory 'martserver' that is in the folder C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Tomcat64\webapps
5. Start the MartServer service.