How may I drop a foreign key (FK) without dropping the column?
Erwin doesn't have a function to drop foreign keys without dropping the columns, however, there is a workaround that uses a hidden relationship as below:
1. Go to the Physical Model.
2. Highlight the relationship and select properties
3. Deselect the checkmark in the box "generate" and close the properties window (so the FK relationship will not be generated)
4. Open the diagram properties by right-clicking in a blank area in the model background and select Properties
5. Deselect the checkmark in the boDisplayaly Ungenerated Relationships" so the FK relationship will be hidden.
Now you will see the FK columns are in the child table, however, there is no FK relationship generated.
You may verify by going to Forward Engineer the DDL in a preview. You will see there are no FK constraints in the DDL.