What to check if erwin DM ODBC connection fails when you click erwin icon below in Query Tool?
When you get ODBC connection error, it is most likely due to the following reasons:
1. Please make sure you installed erwin DM with system admin privileges. Please note that during initial installation of erwin DM, an ODBC server is also installed and it also creates two Data Sources, named "ERwin_r9" and "ERwin_r9_Current". If erwin is installed with inadequate privileges, this ODBC server may not be set correctly, and as a result ODBC Data Sources for erwin will not work.
2. Make sure that there are no duplicate ODBC entries for r9 in ODBC Wizard
3. If already installed erwin with Administrative privileges, use Add/Remove Program functionality. Use Modify and Repair to fix it.
4. Something missing in the connection between erwin DM and the erwin DM ODBC (such as, no ERwin_r9 and Erwin_r9_current listed in System DSN below - this could also be a result of # 1 above:
5. Something is blocking port 19987. Please click Configure to test the connection.
Another way to check that the port is open is to go to an elevated DOS prompt. Open the command window by right-clicking the shortcut and choosing Run as Administrator. Then try from the DOS window,
Telnet localhost 19987
A flashing cursor indicates success.
6. You may also want to check if the ODBC Driver is running. This is available under Tools | Options, under Reporting tab. This should be set to "Stop ..." as it means that it is already started and can be stopped. This can also happen if you have more than one instance of erwin running at the same time on the same PC: