January 23, 2017
To: erwin Modeling Customers
From: The erwin Modeling Product Team
Subject: General Availability (GA) Announcement for erwin Modeling r9.7
On behalf of erwin, Inc., we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our dedicated commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our erwin products. Today, we are pleased to announce the availability of the following new products:
erwin Data Modeler r9.7 (Workgroup, Standard and Navigator Editions)
- erwin MartServer r9.7
- erwin License Server r9.7
- erwin Web Portal r9.7 (available soon)
- erwin Data Governance r9.7 (available soon)
Based on feedback received from customers in the erwin Modeling user community, this product release incorporates requested product improvements, performance enhancements and general product fixes and other maintenance. Specific highlights included with this product release are:
erwin Data Modeler (all commercial product editions):
- Enhanced Database Currency – erwin Data Modeler r9.7 (EDM) provides support for the basic relational features and core functionality found in Teradata v15.10. This includes support for:
- Database, table and index physical properties
- New and enhanced datatypes
- Updated security and permission functionality
- EDM is now certified compatible with:
- Microsoft SQL Azure
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Progress OpenEdge 11.6
- Several product enhancements have been implemented to improve overall modeler productivity by providing user-expected capabilities and enhanced product features. Included are:
- Filtered GOTO dialog
- Display “selected” SA on SA Editor exit
- Bulk delete of UDPs
- Enhanced validation of pre-r9.7 models via user controlled demand loading during model open operations.
- Quickly and easily retrieve workstation host information directly from within the EDM pop-up Licensing dialog.
- Updated metadata import/export bridges (v9.02) that provides enhanced access to existing and several new metadata sources. Refer to erwin Data Modeler Release Notes for a list of metadata bridge updates.
erwin Web Portal:
- Can harvest models directly from either erwin Data Modeler “native” files or from Workgroup Edition marts.
- Supports web-based UI and Enterprise Single-Sign-on (e.g. Active Directory/LDAP).
- Permits the addition of custom annotations to repository objects.
- Repository can be hosted on: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL.
erwin Data Governance:
- Enhanced metadata harvesting capabilities including: new tools, upgraded versions of existing tools and better metadata coverage especially related to SQL parsing and big data (Hadoop) sources.
- Major improvements in Model Version / Change Management. These changes prevent the creation of unnecessary new model versions if the source metadata (e.g., a database or data model) has not changed which dramatically reduces the disk space in the repository.
- New version configuration comparison functionality.
- Enhanced Metadata Explorer offering:
- New Search (or Browse) functionality with “filtering” capabilities on any attributes or properties
- User selected results display (either “Google” list style or grid)
- Enhanced Business Glossary editing capabilities
- Improved database performance
- Updated web services based on RESTful API technology.
We encourage you to install this new product release to ensure that your systems are current and that you have access to the most exciting modeling features available in this award-winning product line.
We encourage you to visit our erwin ZenDesk Support website, or from within your erwin Data Modeler r9.7 version by going to the Help menu and choosing Technical Support, for detailed information concerning this product release, up-to-date support information, the latest technical bulletins, and to download your copy. Thank you again for your business.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our partnership with you.
Thank you again for your business,
The erwin Modeling Team