Error Message: 500 the call failed on the server; see server log for details.
When opening the CA ERwin Mart Administrator, I get an error in my web browser " 500 the call failed on the server; see server log for details", and it hangs.
- Configure MartServer data? The Data typed into the mart configure window may be incorrect. The server name may not be correct. The application name in the Configure MartServer | Mart Administrator tab may not be correct. By default, the application name is MartServer and it is case-sensitive.
- Port? The port number specified in the Configure Mart Server window is incorrect or not open. This easy utility may help to discover.
- Service? Make sure you have created the Mart Server service and that can be started.
- Database Running? Make sure the mart database is up and running.
- Repository Created? Make sure the repository was created successfully. You cannot use a windows authenticated user in the mart configure window. They must be a database authenticated user. Check the directory C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\CA\ERwin Mart Server\logs for MartServerUpgrade.log and that will tell if any problems occurred.
- Privileges? Make sure the correct privileges have been granted. For SQL Server DBMS, make sure the user name typed into the mart configure window is the database owner and that they also have the server role bulkadmin. A quick test could be to temporarily grant that user sysadmin and restart the mart server service to rule this in or out. You can revoke the sysadmin privilege later.
- Password Revoked? Especially Oracle DBMS. Make sure the password for the one database user who is typed into the Configure Mart Server window has not expired.
If the Oracle user's password has expired, here are some options:
- Reset the Oracle user password using ALTER USER user_name IDENTIFIED BY new_password;
- To change the password to never expire, first check which profile the user is in using:
- Alternatively, the following statement modifies the user profile's PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME to 60 days and PASSWORD_GRACE_TIME to 10 days:
- For more information, please see your Oracle manuals or consult with your Oracle DBA.
- Mart Server Install?
- Another reason could be the Mart Server software has somehow changed or been impacted. These strategies have helped other customers:
- Use the shortcut Remove Mart Server service and then use the shortcut Create Mart Server service. Then restart the Mart Server service.
- If that does not help, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Mart Server software entirely.
- Another reason could be that the mart application was not installed properly and you are missing the shortcuts to create and manage the mart server service. It is possible it was unintentionally installed using non-default options to use an existent webserver on the Custom Setup screen instead of as a service. To correct that, please uninstall the mart server software and then reinstall it leaving the default option as it is for the Custom Setup screen. For more information, please see Article ID: 3633
- Web Browser Security? Make sure the mart server URL (e.g. https://hostmachinename:18170/MartAdmin) has been added to your web browser's Trusted Sites and that firewall access has been opened up for that.
- Using SSL? Maybe you accidentally have SSL enabled due to a different prior Mart Server setup but you are not really using SSL at this time? If so, run the shortcut "Disable SSL for Tomcat Webserver". Also, in the CA ERwin Mart Configuration | Mart Administrator tab, check off Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Enabled.
- Mart Server Report Caching Tables missing? We had a customer using r9.64.1 and they were missing the tables m9reportlist and m9reportdata and their associated indexes that are needed for the mart server report caching. If you are missing those tables please contact Technical Support for steps on how to correct that situation.
NOTE: after making any changes to the mart server configure window or your database, please restart the mart server service before trying the mart administrator again.
- Article ID: 3994 How to set up the mart server to generate log files.
- Easy windows based Mart Server Host Machine diagnostic utility.
- Article ID: 3633 I am missing the shortcuts Create MartServer Service and Start MartServer Service in the Programs menu, ERwin Mart Server r9.
- Article ID: 4180 I am unable to connect to my r9.6 mart. I get Mart version validation failed. Details: Mart Server is not reachable, please check network and mart service health.
- Please contact CA Technical Support at http://erwin.com/support