How to remove underscore from logical site model to replace it with space? - CA Technologies ERwin Knowledge Base
I have a reversed engineering model from Teradata database. Noticed that logical site has underscore in entity and attribute name. I tried to split the model to logical only and physical only and then derived a new logicla/physical model from physical only model. But the new derived Logical and physical model still hold underscore in logical site. Using ERwin r9.5.2.
How to remove underscore from logical site model to replace it with space?
1) Split the model to logical only and physical only models.
2) From the physical only model, Tool | desgin Layers | Derive a model | Logical/Physical, the logical side will automatically use space on logical name and underscore in physical side
3) If above solution does not work , use Bulk Editor with steps below to fix the problem.
Here are steps:
1. Split the Logical/Physical model to Logical ONLY and Physical ONLY model.
2. Open the logical only model.
3. launce Bulk Editor and select "Attribute" and "Entity" from Object types
4. Select "Name" in Property Types
5. Select everything in Object Instants
6. Click "Edit" to generate Bulk Editor Report.
7. Highlight everything in report
8. Click save icon to save it to .csv file. Close everyting.
9. go to .csv file and replace "_" to " ".
10.Relaunch Logical Only Model and launch Bulk Editor.
11.Import .csv file and you will see all underscore is gone.
12.Derive logical only model to Logical/Physical model which will have
logical site name with space and physical site name with underscore.