How to add a FULL-TEXT INDEX in ERwin r9.x for SQL Server DBMS? - CA Technologies ERwin Knowledge Base
How to add a FULL-TEXT INDEX in erwin r9.x for SQL Server DBMS?
Use the SQL Server Table Fulltext Index Editor to define a table full-text index so that it properly stores all of the full-text words and their locations for a given table in a SQL Server physical model.
Here are the steps to add a full-text index in ERwin r9.x:
1. Create a brand new physical only model and add one table with a few columns.
2. Create a Alternate Key Index which is Unique Index required by full-text index.
3. Go to Model Explorer and highlight Fulltext Catalogs and create a new Fulltext Catalog.
4. Go to Model Explorer and Expand the Tables node.
5. Highlight full-text index under table and right click mouse to click a new full-text index.
Note: Click New on the toolbar to create a new full-text index for the selected table if one does not exist. Only one full-text index is allowed for a table. Use the Enter filter text box to filter a very large list of full-text indexes to quickly locate the one that you want to define.