How to populate / update Entity defintions and Table comments in ERwin r9 using Bulk Editor? - CA Technologies ERwin Knowledge Base
Article ID: 3821
Last updated: 22 Nov, 2013
How to populate / update Entity defintions and Table comments in ERwin r9 using Bulk Editor?
1) In ERwin r9, go to View | Windows | Bulk Editor pane ( CTRL+ B)
2) Click the icon to Invoke Bulk Editor wizard
3) In Object Type, select Table
4) In Property Type, select Defintion and Comment
5) Select all Tables or specific table(s) in Object instance
6) Click Edit button
7) You will see your table name, type table, comment, defintion column -
(these may be blank or populated so you can populate or edit the existing)
8) Click the Save button and save it as a.csv file
9) Open file in Microsoft Excel and enter definitions and comments in this csv file. Save and close the file
10) Go back to ERwin and in Bulk Editor wizard, click Open button.
The modified definitions and comments are imported in the model.