Description: How to set up the mart server to generate log files (application.log files).
1. If using a 32-bit OS version of the mart server, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\erwin\ERwin Mart Server r9\Tomcat\webapps\MartServer\WEB-INF folder and locate the file log4j.xml.
If using a 64-bit OS version of the mart server, go to C:\Program Files\erwin\Mart Server r9\Tomcat64\webapps\MartServer\WEB-INF folder and locate the file log4j.xml.
2. The parameter Priority value specifies the level of logging. You can have that set as “Off”, “Info” , “Error”, or “debug” as below:
NOTE: please set the Priority Value as INFO to get the maximum amount of data in the log files.
3. The parameter File Name specifies the path to the application.log file:
To make viewing the log file simpler, please change the directory of the Application.log file by modifying that to instead be:
param name = "File" value = "c:/logs/application.log"
That directory c:/logs/application.log must also be created on that drive.
4. Save the file.
5. Restart the MartServer service.
Figure 1. Example of an edited log4j.xml file.
1. Edit the log4j.xml file and change Priority value from error to info.
2. Change the file location from the default directory to c:\logs
3. Specify an Administrator user on the service
4. Restart the mart server
Figure 2. Example of setting a very privileged user account to the mart server service.